Avocado Tuna Salad - 3 Ways!
1 Mission Avocado
½ red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 Persian cucumber, chopped
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 (5-ounce) can wild tuna in water, drained
1 tbsp fresh parsley or dill, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
- Lettuce, tomato, sprouts, sliced avocado, and bread for the sandwich
- Butter lettuce, sprouts, sliced avocado, & sliced tomato for the lettuce wraps
- 1 extra avocado for the avocado boats
- Slice avocado in half. Remove the pit and scoop one half into a bowl. Mash it with a fork, then mix with olive oil, lemon, and dijon mustard. Set aside. Cut the other half of the
- avocado into cubes.
- Place the chopped onion, celery, cucumber, sunflower seeds, cubed avocado, tuna, and parsley or dill in a bowl.
- Add the mashed avocado mixture in with the other ingredients and stir to mix everything well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy as desired!
- Use it in a sandwich with your favorite bread, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and/or any of your other favorite sandwich toppings.
- For the lettuce wraps, place sliced tomato on each butter lettuce leaf, then add the Avocado Tuna Salad, sliced avocado, and sprouts on top.
- For Avocado Boats, scoop a small spoonful of the avocado flesh out to create more of a “pocket” for the Avocado Tuna Salad, then spoon the Avocado Tuna Salad into the Avocado “Boat”. Garnish with additional parsley or dill.
For more healthy recipe inspiration, follow along at @weeknightbite!