Mission Produce is the controller for your personal information. This means that Mission Produce determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal information. Mission Produce may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 23, 2021.
What we collect, process, and share
We may collect the following information:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, or address;
- Demographic information;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as the pages you visit on our website or your IP address;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Other information you may provide, such as responses to customer surveys or offers; and
- Inferences drawn from the above-listed categories.
We collect the above-listed categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our website and other services, including services that you request;
- To comply with government reporting programs;
- To improve our products and services and to promote security and improvement of our websites and other services;
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting or useful using the email address which you have provided;
- To send other marketing messages, including via third-party platforms such as social media sites;
- To contact you for market research purposes, including by email, phone, fax or mail; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
- To identify and authenticate you, such as when we verify your identity when you contact us;
- To exercise our legal rights, for example to detect, prevent, and address intellectual property infringement claims or other violations of law;
- To protect our rights or, in our discretion, to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or any other person; and
We disclose the above-listed categories of personal information to our vendors and service providers who help us provide our services. We may also share personal information where required by law, to protect our rights or those of any third party, or in the context of a corporate transaction.
We have collected each of the above-listed categories of personal information in the past 12 months.
Legal Basis for Processing
In some jurisdictions, there must be a legal basis for processing any personal information that may be collected. Mission Produce will only collect personal information when there is such a legal basis to do so. Our legal bases for processing are:
Legitimate interest, for example to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to develop new services. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
To fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the services, to ensure that invoices are paid correctly, and to ensure you are able to access our premises when required. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these contractual obligations.
To comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of your identity to enable us to meet our anti-money laundering obligations.
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information (for example, in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies or when we process sensitive personal information). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
Your rights with regard to data—EU and UK Residents
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
Your rights with regard to data—California Residents
California residents are entitled, subject to limitations specified by California law, to exercise the following rights:
- Right to know. You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information.
- Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt Out of Sales. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, however, we do not sell personal information under California law, including the personal information of consumers under age 16.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise your California resident rights, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name and email address with your request. Once we receive your request, we will take steps to verify your identity, including. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request. If you use an authorized agent, the agent must provide us with proof of the agent’s authority. We may also ask that you either verify your identity with us or directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent submit the request.
Security and data retention
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services
We collect information in the markets where we operate and primarily store that information in the United States. We may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it, however these countries may not have adequate privacy and data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or United Kingdom, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including the United States. In order to ensure that your information is protected when transferred out of the EEA, we have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protections for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards, please contact us at the details below.
A cookie is a small file which can be placed on your device. Once the file is placed, the cookie can help analyze web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies, pixels, and similar technologies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, these tools help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We do not acknowledge “do not track” signals. To learn more about do not track, please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions on the way in which we process your personal information, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.