Loaded Bacon Guacamole
- 4 large ripe Mission avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- ½ lb, thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Don’t over mash. Stir in the bacon, salt, pepper, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice.
Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or press a piece of plastic wrap flush onto the top of the guacamole, refrigerate, and serve preferably within 24 hours.